Oh, whatt??!!! You were serious? Marshall, I'm not sure I really want to be a house. I didn't really think you were seriously going to do this. That was my mistake. If you know Marshall, you would know that of course he was serious. And of course this house was going to be legit. He's not going to build a half-hearted house. I think it took 3 cardboard boxes to make and a whole lot of construction paper (oh yeah, and a few hours). Here's the final product:
For Marshall's costume, we had pretty much everything except a bow-tie, suspenders, and thick-rimmed glasses. (Well, we had my glasses, which are kind of thick-rimmed, but Marshall couldn't stand to wear them for more than a few seconds because they're prescription). We went to the D.I. but it had been picked clean. So we thought, "who are the most hipster people we know?" and called them. It worked. We got what we needed. (Well, except the walker but we decided to let that one go because we really didn't have the time.) Here's the final product:
![]() |
| He is wearing my glasses in this pic, but we got other ones for the party. |
We were so excited to go show off our hard work! We took the house out to the car, starting loading it up--and realized it didn't fit. WHat?! No. Why did we not think of this? Didn't fit in the back seat, front seat, trunk, nothing! So we called my sister, Bec, to borrow the Tahoe. Except she wouldn't answer her phone (I called like eighty times). So we had to get the key from my brother Jon, go to the heritage parking lots, find the car (which wasn't that hard--it's a big car), steal it, drive back to our place, load the house in the car. It took forever and we were two hours late to the party, but it was soooo worth it. Even if I did only wear the house for a total of two minutes (it was not the most comfortable). Happy Halloween!



No comments:
Post a Comment